Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ugh. (Pronounced: uh-kkk)

2010 - what did I ever do to you?

You've been treating me like a red-headed step child. You've erased the two most important females in my life. What do I have to show for it? Bills. Shit loads of weighty bills from living above my means all this time.

Thanks dude.

I can safely tell you all now, that there was a lengthy period of time where I considered veering the car off a ledge. An electric device in the bathtub, perhaps or just a shit load of tylenol. It was a skeleton in my closet. A demon from my past. I personify this emotional bombardment because it helps me picture it. In my mind's eye I can walk up to this assassin and meet it face to face.

In the most crippling of attacks from this assassin, driving to work was next to impossible. I felt the same paralyzing hold when I was sixteen. This was a sequel to a movie that should never have been made. But I'm not reprising my role to complete the trilogy. This has to end for good.

There's an epic war waging in my mind's eye. Until recently, the assassin has had the upper hand. As if his pet zombies were attacking me while he made off with the girl.

Then life changed. And it was like...I was granted spider-powers. Because the zombies got so much easier to beat down. I made some friends and they brought shotguns. Now I can focus on the assassin.

I can't say this war will end anytime soon. But the tide has just turned, and I'm picturing myself webbing this assassin's feet to the ground and calling in Ironman for a rocket powered uppercut.

Once I've defeated him...I'll have a clean slate. A fresh start.

I think I've learned my lesson. Let's do this.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I wanna be an assassin too. We shall join forces 'n junk.

    ReplyDelete