Sunday, July 4, 2010

Give Me A Blog

Don't worry.

I won't turn this into another drawn out, nearly painful reading experience. I won't adhere to the oh-so-common business approach of "Hello sir or madam or both, my name is John Whogivesacrap and I'd like to apply for a position with your company as a writer."

I will, however, tell you my name. Adam Jakob Smachylo. The Driver's License may say that I'm 27 years of age, though the onslaught of turmoil and constant challenges at times makes me feel double that.

I've witnessed the closest of my friends' lives hijacked and destroyed by a self-loathing ex-girlfriend, I've had the most dearest of women in my life stolen from me by cancer and their own destructive guilty pleasures, I've felt the agony of a father that chose to run rather than stay and guide his son through life, I've watched as my own relationships crumbled and get swept aside as if nothing had ever happened.

Yet, I've been fortunate enough to have been loved by several young women, I've conquered a staggering fear of heights jumping 11,000 feet from an airplane I couldn't even stand up in, I've caressed the lips of an angel with my own - an angel that still haunts me to this day and I've driven a rusty 2005 Mazda 3 across a country unlike any other.

I'm only 27. What does all this get me? One incredibly unique view of our beautiful, yet sadly unfair world.

In my professional career as a writer, I have been a Creative Writer for radio stations in Thunder Bay, Toronto and Kelowna, and was the Creative Director for Z103.5 for a year. I was a Dean's List student at both Cambrian College in Sudbury for the Print-Journalism program, and at Confederation College for Television Broadcasting.

Writing has always been my passion. I've worked on several novels, posted a number of blogs, written several short stories and continue to write creatively for radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment